Day is done

I was sad all the while, and people didn't care,
I smiled this other time and everyone was there.
I died each night when I tried to make through the day,
With a weight on my tongue I opened my mouth to say.
But the only one to listen was the bloody cigarette.

I sat one day to write down some stuff,
but the music wasn't what it ought to be.
probably it was too smart to catch my bluff,
Inertia of the blank page, my thoughts couldn't fight,
The only one to read was the sadistic cigarette.

I asked God once long ago for a share of a friend's pain,
Little did i know that he would never stop the rain.
Its been a decade since that unfortunate preposition,
All I wanted, even back then was a wise communication.
I tried hard to hide in my version of salvation.
Ended up with a cigarette in hand & a mind full of its Infatuation.

The Pursuit for pleasure wasn't my joke.
Safe in my castle's walls, I choose to be broke.
Afraid I'll make nothing more than a mistake.
Thinking of the reasons for my precious uncongeniality.
Nothing standsout more than my addiction prone personality.
I won every argument but lost all the bets.
Just another thing I realised; in company of my cigarettes.

No comments: